Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lemonade

I'm a Libra.  Libra's are all about balance - hence, the scales. I'm not a huge astronomy/zodiac/horoscope follower, but if there is something that I do that not everyone else does, I typically blame it on my sign. So, with that said...I am a planner. I am not spontaneous. I like to plan things out, sometimes ridiculously far in advance. Unfortunately, planning in advance can sometimes backfire!! Taylor and I were planning on starting a family last March - so that I could hopefully be due in Aprilish of 2012, and have 5 months of maternity leave with my summer break (there's that planning thing!). Well...after a routine Tuberculosis test for my (then) part time job, I found out that I have latent Tuberculosis. Who knew? While not contagious, they still treat latent TB...FOR 9 MONTHS! One little pill a day for nine months. So, it's like being pregnant....only no baby at the end. I can't drink alcohol (gotta take care of the 'ole liver) and I'm not crazy about the idea of trying to get preggers while taking a class C drug. So, I guess that's what I get for planning. The big man upstairs obviously has other plans for when I'm supposed to be a momma. So, at this point, I'm halfway done with my meds and am seriously contemplating having a "Melissa-can-drink-again" party sometime at the end of November when this is all done. So - there's my sour lemons, thrown my way. My lemonade? Having more time to plan for when I'm gonna welcome a little Newton into my life!

Speaking of lemons - here's a sour one I bought at the thrift store. I got 2 of these chairs, a couch, and a coffee table that I'm painting and recovering cushions for when we redo our deck in the fall.
Lemon
Lemonade!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am a planner... but sometimes things just happen and we have to "go with the flow". I'm glad that you are at the half way point with your meds.. and the lemonade is that you didn't find out about this 'while' you were pregnant. Maybe you and Carla can do that big adventure together and support each other for those 9 months! Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chairs!! They will look great on your new deck. And as far as little Newton is concerned, the rest of the nine months of medicine will fly by just like the 9 months of pregnancy! Just you wait!

    ReplyDelete