Saturday, May 28, 2011

CH-CH-CH-CH -CHANGES!

Well, I know that "change is hard." And "change is good." And "change is inevitable." But, how do you know if change is right? I guess that's where the whole "leap of faith" thing comes into play. I have recently accepted a job offer in Cherokee County Schools so that I can work closer to home and in the same school district that our kids will be in (I'm planning a little ahead - I know, me, plan?). I was hoping for a "speech utopia" type of school, but ended up with a Title I (lower socioeconomic status students) school instead. So, I am obviously nervous about leaving my current job and moving to the new job - but, it feels like the right thing to do. New coworkers, new students, new room...the uncertainty of it all is overwhelming. But, as cheesy as it sounds, Oprah had her last show this week and she, too (I'm sure) is experiencing some of the same feelings as I am. One of the quotes she ended with was "I believe every single event in life that happens is an opportunity to choose love over fear." So - here's to choosing love!


1 comment:

  1. Everyone knows I am not a fan of change... but guess what... it happens anyway! It sounds like this will be a good one for you and I think you may actually find working in this new enviornment even more fulfilling ~ so much appreciation given. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete