Friday, May 20, 2011

One year ago today...


One year ago today the world lost an amazing woman - my Grandma. I think of her often and miss her everyday. I am thankful for all of the moments we shared together and know that she is in a better place with the love of her life, my Grandpa. Here is a poem I wrote for my Grandma T. when she passed:
Milanos
To some it’s just a cookie or a snack on the go,
But for me, it’s a reminder of you, who helped me to grow.
With a touch of chocolate, some say it’s perfection,
To you I am forever grateful for your warmth and affection.
Savor every bite, for before you know it it’s gone,
But you’ll be here forever, in mind and spirit, from dusk until dawn.
A piece of heaven, some say of these sweets,
Watch over me from there, until again we meet.
Love you Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. This is very sweet Melissa...You are always so good at putting emotions into words. I miss her too. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete